30 October 2008

Challenge #23 - Photo makeovers

Last week it was no editing and this week it is all about editing. I am forever cropping at the very least. Guess this challenge gives me an excuse to work on more of my sisters wedding photos!! lol

This is one of my all time fave photos that I have edited. It is from my hubbys step fathers military burial. I found the original distracting with the faces especially since the honor guard members closest to me were cut off. I cropped the photo in so it focused on the flag and the hands that folded it an love the effect.

original photo
Photobucket

Edited photo
Photobucket


From my sisters wedding here is one that gave me fits to edit. There was a terrible shadow on her face but to lighten it made the photo grainy. I played for hours to soften the graininess of it.

Original
Photobucket


Edit
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love what you did with that first pic. What a world of difference the croppign made. The light focus on your sister really brings t.he focus to her face. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Ma'am did a beautiful job on both of these photos!! Love the crop on the hands and the flag being folded, perfect!! The worked paid off on you sisters photo! It is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic first shot I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flag in the cemetary tells such astory.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic first shot!
    I love it too.
    Awesome work, and warm spirit told loud,

    ReplyDelete